Sacramento marketing pro shows a valuable marketing tool
When I engage a new marketing client, I tell them, “OK, we need to generate 6,000 words of content. I can interview you, record the interview, send the recording out for transcription and get a Microsoft Word document back in a few days. We will call this your Declaration of Expertise.
You need a Declaration of Expertise. Here are five reasons why:
- You need significant content for your marketing tools. You can use this in your website, blog, articles, press releases and YouTube videos. The more marketing content you have in advance, the better. You are also better off generating this content in advance and distributing it in bits and pieces, as opposed to writing and publishing, writing and publishing, etc. etc. It is easier to write nonstop than it is to write in a stop and go fashion.
- You can autopost content. When I write a blog post to my WordPress blog, it automatically forwards a shortcut to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. I do not need to manually visit those sites to post content. I have a WordPress plugin that creates the shortcuts for me.
- You can use this as script material for a YouTube video. If you are making videos, you should script them before turning on the camera. Your Declaration of Expertise will have the content you can use as a YouTube video script. Just remember to keep the YouTube video short and have the description point back to your Blog.
- You can use this for newsletters. After creating a blog post, you can create a newsletter than has the first 100 words of the blog post and then a link back to the original blog post. This will help generate traffic to your blog and also help get content in front of your audience.
- You will have the chance to polish this. When you are proofreading your Declaration of Expertise, you can polish it as much as you like. You can move content among different pages. You can also break content into 300-400 word chapters that will work nicely as blog posts. It is your marketing masterpiece. You can, of course, add to this whenever you get the inspiration.
For more, see http://yourseowizard.com/wordpress-website-not-into-seo-thats-ok/. For an IT support company with 21 years’ experience, see http://cameronparkcomputer.com.