Ideal customer persona
You need to create an ideal customer persona. A persona is a list of your ideal customer’s traits or characteristics. The more you know about your ideal customer, the more able you are to publish content that attracts her and gets her to call you. Your ideal customer persona should include these traits:
- What does she think of your profession?
- How much decision-making authority does she have?
- What is her pain point, and how can you solve it?
- What is her experience working with your competitors?
- What does a best-case scenario look like to her?
- How much formal education does she have?
- Where does she get her information? Is she going to social media, Google or the newspaper?
What an ideal customer persona is not
Maybe you are happy doing business with anyone. You may say, “My ideal customer is anyone who pays the bill on time.” Funny, funny, funny. That is not specific enough, my friend. This could come back to haunt you. With customers from varied professions on your roster, you would become a generalist. You can solve some of their needs. You would develop a general understanding of what they do. However, your expertise will be limited. Someone will come along who is more specialized in their profession and steal the business. They will know more information that benefits the customer. They are, in the eyes of your customer, more able to understand their business. Sometimes we call this “go narrow, go long.” That is why you have to define an ideal customer. You will learn about their business and become indispensable.
Content from Attract your ideal customer: A workbook for making more money © 2014 Mark Anthony Germanos and appearing at http://yourseowizard.com/10-things-ideal-customer/