Your SEO guy needs six things
Last month, a new company offering SEO services in Sacramento started appearing in my daily Google Alerts. I researched this company and found several voids. I want to present a top six list of things your SEO guy should have.
- A name. The person who is running the company should have his name on the web site. My name Mark Anthony Germanos is visible on several pages, including PDFs of the Cloud and social media certifications I have received this year.
- A phone number. If you find something fabulous and want to call the company, a phone number would be convenient. My phone numbers 530-677-8864 or 916-752-6767 are at the bottom of every post and on the left margin. When you create your web site and social media presence, your phone number should be readily available.
- A valid address showing who has registered the domain. You can visit http://whois.com and look up cameronparkcomputer.com. You will find my contact info. I’m in Cameron Park, California. I’ve seen some Internet marketing folks conceal their address.
- A local address. If you want to hire someone to run your marketing, they should be close enough to visit you at your office or at least a local coffee shop. Face-to-face contact is important when building any professional relationship. You should at least know what the guy looks like and cares enough about your business to meet you in person. I’m in the Sacramento area and am happy meeting prospects near Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area. I believe someone claiming to be a new Sacramento SEO professional is really in Denver.
- An active blog. Blogs meet the definition of a web site and then some. Blogs allow quick and easy contributions from both the blog owner and from folks who contribute to the blog. Blogs also let people subscribe to the blog and receive updates whenever an update is published. If you subscribe to a newspaper, you receive a new issue when the paper publishes one. It works the same way with blogs…whenever someone posts an update, all subscribers are notified.
- Most importantly…English should be your SEO solution provider’s primary language. Your web site, blog and all marketing materials will probably be in English and are designed to attract more business. The grammar has to be correct and the author has to sound like he is proficient in our language. A small grammatical mistake can send a prospect elsewhere. “It could be not of the best if your web site is not satisfying prospects” or should I say “you will have a problem if people do not like your web site.” Some things cannot be learned in a foreign school.
You need to decide who will earn your business. I hope this helps.
Mark Anthony Germanos uses Internet tools to help your ideal customers find you. Mark is the Social Media Director at YourSEOWizard.com, the premier Sacramento SEO company. They offer SEO, Internet marketing and social media solutions that get you on page 1. Getting you on page 1 takes a little time. Good things do take time.
“Yes yes yes,” you may say, “there are a lot of Internet marketing guys out there. How do I know SEO, Internet marketing and social media will get me more business”? YourSEOWizard.com’s Sacramento SEO Pro Gold package includes creating a 6,000 word document. It has abundant content for a successful SEO campaign. Sacramento SEO Pro Gold will not produce instant gratification. Sacramento SEO Pro Gold works, promotes you to page 1 and gets you more business.
Running a successful business isn’t as easy as it used to be. The margin of error is smaller. Contract out your SEO, Internet marketing and and social media campaigns to someone you can hold accountable. Tell him to get you more business. Call (916) 752-6767 today. Google “Sacramento SEO” or “Sacramento SEO Pro” to see SEO strategies that can work for you. Mark is available at (916) 752-6767 and at http://www.yourseowizard.com/blog/how-quickly/.