SEO Pro says you need a better answerShe does not want to hear another long and boring elevator pitch
You need a good, short answer to the question Why should I do business with you? This will become necessary when you meet people face-to-face and when you complete your online profiles. Here’s why.
- When you meet people face-to-face, someone starts by asking what you do. We’ve been taught to issue a 30-second elevator pitch describing you, your business and your niche. That used to work well. These days, people have grown tired of elevator pitches. We stop paying attention, look for other people in the room or look at our watch. Thirty seconds is too long. We get bored. We do not have enough time to listen to 30-second elevator pitches and we have grown weary of these long pitches. After listening to hundreds of these pitches, elevator pitches have lost their luster. Thirty seconds is too long for a response when someone asks what you do. We’re too impatient.
- You can create a 15-word, 8-second response to the question Why should I do business with you? Even if someone does not use the exact phrase Why should I do business with you, they’re probably thinking it. Most people are too polite to ask that abrupt question, but rest assured, that’s what they’re thinking. This is your chance to make a good first impression. Use this next time you are tempted to issue an elevator pitch. This is shorter and more concise. You will have a better chance engaging the other person.
- You can use generic responses or tweak a response to meet your niche, profession or marketing goal. For some generic responses, try one of these when someone asks Why should I do business with you?
- I turn problems into solutions.
- I was hesitant at first, but I gave it a shot and it works great.
- I am running a business too. It works for me and my business.
- After you create your standard response, save it in a Microsoft Word document. You can then copy and paste this into online profiles at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other online services. Consistency will make you look more professional and get your message in front of more people.
- Monitor how things go when you issue this short response. You may find people pay attention and engage with you more often. Going shorter cannot hurt. It can only help.
My response is I use Internet tools to help your ideal customers find you. I have posted this at several online profiles. I asked some of my friends where they most recently saw this and they could not remember. It is all over. Use this strategy to your benefit too.
Mark Anthony Germanos uses Internet tools to help your ideal customers find you. Mark is the Social Media Director at YourSEOWizard.com, the premier Sacramento SEO company offering SEO, Internet marketing and social media marketing solutions that get you on page 1. Getting you on page 1 takes a little time, but good things do take time.
“Yes yes yes,” you may say, “there are a lot of Internet marketing guys out there. How do I know SEM, SEO and social media will get me on page 1”? YourSEOWizard.com’s Sacramento SEO Pro Gold package includes creating a 6,000 word document with abundant content for a successful search engine optimization campaign. Sacramento SEO Pro Gold will not produce instant gratification, but Sacramento SEO Pro Gold works, gets people on page 1 and creates long-term benefits.
Running a successful business isn’t as easy as it used to be. The margin of error is smaller. Contract out your SEM, SEO and social media campaigns to an IT solutions provider you can hold accountable and who gets results. Call (916) 752-6767 today. Google “Sacramento SEO Pro” to see SEO strategies that can work for you. Mark is available at (916) 752-6767 and at http://www.yourseowizard.com/blog/how-quickly/.